Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Trista Sutter speaks out about Jason Mesnick (and it's not flattering, Jay!)



HA! I just saw this article on MSNBC. It's Trista's reaction to Jason and his engagement gone wrong

Here are a few of my fav quotes from Trista:

Original “Bachelorette” Trista Sutter, who was an avid watcher of the show this season, said she couldn’t believe how it all unfolded, as Mesnick broke off his engagement with Melissa Rycroft and got back together with the previously dumped Molly Malaney during the “After The Final Rose” special.

“I am still just blown away that anyone could do that. I mean, first of all, to propose to one person when you say you’re in love with two people, that just seems not necessarily right to begin with,” Sutter said. “I just feel horrible for Melissa. No one deserves to go through what she went through.”


and this:

And while Mesnick told People magazine it wasn’t his choice to break up with Rycroft on national TV, claiming it was “part of the deal” with ABC, Sutter had a hard time believing he couldn’t have at least given Rycroft fair warning.

“I had a contract with the producers at one time, and I can’t speak to what Jason’s contract said and what he was required to do, but it seems like the right thing to do would’ve been to tell Melissa before he blindsided her in front of a national audience,” Sutter added. “He could have told Melissa exactly what was going to happen beforehand so that she had some breathing room. That would have been a little classier. I just think it was really disappointing.”


OH---AND *THIS*

However, Sutter said she doubted she would’ve been able to give Michel a second chance had he come back asking for one like Mesnick did with Malaney.

“I don’t know that I would have, because deep down, I knew he chose someone else over me, even though he told me he was falling for me — he didn’t give me a chance,” she explained. “I was surprised that Molly did. I would’ve said, ‘You know what, I have been waiting for you to say this for a long time, but let’s take it step by step because I don’t know where I truly stand if you decided to propose to someone else.’”

“And I wouldn’t be kissing him! That was another disappointing thing to me,” she continued. “He was engaged to someone, what, an hour before that and then he’s kissing somebody else? It just doesn’t seem right.”

And while her heart goes out to Rycroft, who she has met and called “adorable and truly a sweet girl,” Sutter also felt bad for someone else involved in the “Bachelor” love triangle, Mesnick’s young son, Ty.

“As a mom, I just feel bad for Ty. I know that’s probably not what people are thinking about because it’s about the women, but the fact is Ty was introduced to both of these ladies… Ty saw Jason hold their hands and probably kiss these two women, and after the proposal, they even all jumped in the pool together,” she said. “He’s seen his dad fully invested in a relationship with Melissa, and now to change it up and bring back Molly has got to be confusing for a 4-year-old… It’s just so awful all around.”
Here's a link to the article:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29494451/

I am glad Trista called Jason out for all the following things: what Jason put Melissa through, that he was in any way "forced" or under any obligation to break up with Melissa on televsion, the fact that less than an hour after dumping his fiancee, he was playing tonsil hockey wih the girl he previously dumped and how confusing this all will be to his 4 year old son. Kudos, Trista!

0 comments: