Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Deanna Pappas..delusional? Returns to the Bachelor (surprise) in New Zealand



I was musing in an earlier post about the unnecessary cameo appearance by former Bachelorette, Deanna Pappas. I have never seen her on any tv show. I did see footage of how she allowed Jason to propose to her last season before telling him that he was a loser--and he still is!

Still, Deanna showed up in a matronly outfit, had a super brief convo with Jason and then dashed back to her waiting car. Literally, if you blinked (or ran to the kitchen for another much-needed glass of wine) during the finale, you missed Deanna.

I remembered reading a magazine article/interview about the return of Deanna and it's been so overplayed and hyped that I felt sure she'd be delivering a big bombshell. Instead, it was about a minute of "Dear Abby, advice columnist" and then, I guess, jet home from New Zealand to Atlanta? Here's a highlight...

"We know from upcoming clips that you make an appearance on The Bachelor. Can you give us a preview?

"The burning question. Unfortunately everyone will just have to watch and see what I am doing there. It will be worth the wait. The women were not that happy to see me, I can tell you that."


Huh???!!! As far as the audience knows, she saw neither of the two women so it's a strange remark, but maybe NOT...coming from a woman who broke her engagement and has a show about...well, getting married!

Here's the full article:



Bachelorette DeAnna Pappas didn’t get her fairy-tale ending after enduring two seasons on the reality dating show, but that hasn’t stopped her from helping other frazzled brides-to-be plan their big day as the host of Get Married, a wedding advice show that airs every weekday on Lifetime. In a recent phone interview from Atlanta, where she lives and tapes the series, the 27-year-old chatted about, yes, weddings, hinted at why she and ex Jesse Csincsak called it quits and talked about her much-anticipated visit to The Bachelor pad now inhabited by her Bachelorette runner-up Jason Mesnick. — Carrie Bell

Tell us about your new co-hosting gig on Get Married?

It is the bride’s guide to getting married…from finding the right dress and invitations to writing vows, picking a cake and planning the honeymoon. The show handles broad topics and refers viewers to the site GetMarried.com where they can find local vendors and even more tips. My co-host Colin Cowie and I also have blogs on the site. Me, I just talk about everyday life and my ongoing quest for love.

Why did you want to host this show?

When the opportunity came about I was engaged, and when the president of the company contacted me in Colorado, I thought I could learn something [for my wedding] and follow my TV hosting dream. I flew back home to Atlanta and met with her. It is a very close-knit family, a comfortable setting and I really liked their goal of helping brides and grooms.

What do you say to people who question your credibility as a host of a wedding program?

I have very thick skin but negative comments would get anybody down. I still very much want to fall in love, get married and have my own family. My beliefs and wants and needs haven’t changed. I am still the same person even though I am no longer engaged. Colin is not engaged or getting married and the last two hosts weren’t either. There is so much focus on me because I was that girl who went on two reality shows to find love and it didn’t work out.

Do you still believe in happily ever after?
I still believe in happily ever after. None of my past relationship have worked out for a reason, but I believe those people have come into my life to lead me to the next person and maybe that next person is the one I am meant to go to the altar with.

We have heard a lot from Jesse about your breakup. Can you give us your side of the story?

Life moves on. He’s in another relationship. It’s been three months now and I’m pretty much over dealing with the breakup. Everyone handles it differently and sometimes when people are hurt and mad, they say things they didn’t mean. Hopefully one day people will be sorry for the false accusations and mean things that they have said, often on the Internet. Although I did choose to put myself out there on national TV, there are things I believe should be kept private and out of respect for me and Jesse. We realized that we were two totally different people who wanted totally different things and we lived our lives in totally different ways and it was never gonna work. I loved him sincerely, but it would not have worked in the long run.

Do you guys keep in touch? Any chance for reconciliation?

Nope. No chance of us getting back together for sure by now.

What did you think when you saw your Bachelorette runner-up Jason was chosen as the next Bachelor?

I was very happy for Jason. We talked a lot before we went on. I told him it would be one of the best experiences of his life and that he would form many wonderful friendships and fall in love. I warned him that it is wonderful and hard at the same time.

Oh, here's the link for the People Magazine article: http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/01/26/deanna-pappas-on-upcoming-bachelor-appearance-itll-be-worth-the-wait/

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi- I am looking for contact information for this blog. Can you help me?