Monday, March 2, 2009

The Bachelor--finale


So I watched the "Women Tell All" show last Monday and frankly, the women told NOTHING. I don't think Raquel, from Brazil, uttered a word. There was a huge emphasis on PAST Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants (yawn) and of course, no one can ever refer to "The Bachelor" at ABC without rolling out Trista and Ryan--the *ONLY* couple to actually marry. Yeah, yeah...we get that, but is anyone else burned out on those two?

I wrote a few weeks ago that someone sent me a link to "Reality Steve" and after reading his site, I believe he has the goods on how this show will end. After watching "The Women Tell All" and Jason's appearance on "The View" on Friday morning, I am 110% convinced that it works out exactly as Steve has predicted.

I have tonight's finale on, but I'm not glued to the dialogue. I'm not sorry I read on Steve's site--in fact, the opposite. This installment of The Bachelor has gotten sky-high ratings and the viewers seem to genuinely LIKE Jason. After reading at Reality Steve's....I no longer count myself as a fan of Jason.

There's an hour and a half left to drag this out tonight and an unprecedented additonal show tomorrow night. I hadn't watched The Bachelor in years and after this trainwreck, I am sure it will be years (again) before I bother.

Okay--checking back in on this post and it's 9:45 EST. Molly has been dumped and it was odd. The way she told him that he'd be hurt again. It was just a strange thing to say. And now, we finally get to see Jason weeping off his balcony...which has been hyped since episode one of this season.

Molly is in the limo and upholding the promise she made to her dad to "not cry" in the limo if she were let go. So far, so good, Reality Steve. As someone who never cared for Molly, I find her stoicism off putting and her insistence that Jason is bound to get hurt again? Can she say NOTHING about her own feelings or is she just dead inside??

What is sad here is that *IF* Melissa were chosen and they were happily engaged at this point (tee hee), seeing how he didn't stand up for her would be impossible to watch.

Oh, and recapping Deanna's surprise appearance from earlier? WHAT A WASTE!! ABC hyped that two minute appearance and milked it for all it was worth. They flew Deanna from Atlanta to New Zealand for that?? .

Once they come back from commercial, Jason will proprose to Melissa, but at my house, I have the feeling I am about to watch an innocent lamb being led to slaughter once the After the Final Rose ceremony airs at 10PM.

I don't know how much of Jason telling Melissa how "amazing" she is that I can take, so on a side note....maybe ABC should have left Deanna in Atlanta and taken her travel budget and gotten Melisa and Molly hair stylists for this last episode??

Wow. Jason is now on one knee and proposing.

I wonder what could POSSIBLY go wrong? We just paired the "happiest girl in the world" and the "happiest man in the entire universe." Everyone is jumping in the pool in formal clothes and yes, Ty is dragged in to this sordid mess. Next up--After the Final Rose.

0 comments: