Wednesday, March 4, 2009

After the Final Rose, Part Deux (DUH)


I wish Molly and Melissa were wearing tee shirts with arrows pointing towards Jason that read, "I'M WITH STUPID"


I admit that I watched Jason on Jimmy Kimmel Live last night. The most "amazing" part was when Evangeline Lily left before Jason could propose to her, too. Good call. I was disgusted by Jason's excuses on Jimmy Kimmel since he taped an episode of that show after getting engaged to Melissa. The best was that Jimmy let Jason *be* the joke.

I just cranked up the DVR and I have Part II of the After the Final Rose ceremony on. It finally occurs to me why this "switcheroo" bothers me so much. All except ONE of the Bachelor/Bachelorette couples have split before getting married so if it were the same fate for Jason and Melissa, no big shock. Jason could have quietly (and well out of the spotlight) have called the engagement off (*OR* given an engagement more than 6 frickin' weeks) and then pursued whomever he chose, but this asshole wanted to have his cake and eat it, too.

It reminds me of the couples we have all known (even on the periphery) who leave their spouses and then try to convince the shattered families that their love couldn't be denied. It's horseshit--selfish and self serving horseshit.

Melissa and Jason got engaged just before Thanksgiving and Jason taped his humiliating breakup on January 18th. Jeez. Even being single, I know how difficult holidays can be for families and so tough on relationships. They knew each other SIX weeks in a surreal setting. Six weeks into real life and this cad dumps his fiancee.

In REAL life, I think Jason is an accountant. In REAL life, he couldn't afford the lifestyle he had on his tv show. Yet, when REAL life becomes the backdrop, this guy cuts and runs. Oh, and he cries....like a girl. I am so goddamned sick and tired of watching this guy cry.

I am so glad that some former bachelorettes have returned. Not sure why Kari is onstage since she wasn't near the top of the list.


Nicki looks so attractive--ahem--once her sideburns are covered up. Thank God she didn't get chosen. She would have melted down if she got the ring and got dumped.

Stephanie looks "amazing," which is Jason's favorite word. She appears to be well rested and so much younger. Steph backs Jason's decision to follow his heart."

I am glad Erica brings it. I had little use for her as a contestant, but unlike Nicki and Steph, she is able to express her disappointment. She said she was flabbergasted and that Jason should have thought about it and taken a step back. Erica nailed it when she said, "These are people's lives and this is a serious commitment." Golly, Erica, you'd think his being a divorced dad and all...that he'd know that.

Naomi, who previously held the title for "Most Awkward Moment" in Bachelor History has been outshined by Jason's dumbass move. Suddenly, burying a dove who committed suicide seems sane. She's also fiesty and talking about wanting to put her fist through the tv and punching Jason.

I am POSITIVE that Melissa had some friends in the Girls' House and it's nice to see women banding together. For a change. Naomi said she saw the connection between Molly and Jason by watching the show the past few weeks.

Kari's back and I disagree with her perspective that he showed integrity to break up with Melissa in front of all of America. Jason and integrity are strangers, if you ask me.

Steph is making the argument that as a parent, you have to do what's best for your child. How is getting a divorce from Mommy, joining a dating show (and Ty thinks he may be getting a new step Mommy) and then being introduced to two more ladies, Molly and Melissa make Jason a "good" parent? We all saw Ty on yesterday's show, just after Melissa accepted the ring, and the three of them jumped into the pool with their clothes on. I am *positive* he knew that Melissa would be joining their family. How do you un-do all that damage??

Erica calls Jason out on that and says just because he's a dad, he won't get a free pass from her. Tonight, Erica rocks!! You just knew, as soon as episode one that Erica would never be getting the ring and frankly, I am surprised Jason kept Erica around as long as he did, but at least she has the guts to say what she thinks...even if she thinks Jason is a schmuck!

Kudos to the GUY in the audience who said Jason should never have gotten engaged if he was so sad about sending Molly home. Male audience member as hard to find and thank goodness this guy didn't play the male "fraternity" card.

Stephanie is trying to bring the sunshine to this situation and as much as I like her, I just can't muster the upside.

Jason appears so he can answer some questions from the audience. Complete understatement when he admits his actions weren't classy and then he excuses himself by saying that he followed his heart. (BIG DEAL! This world is about more than just you.)

In the clip from last night's show, we have to hear (again) how the chemistry changed. Melissa may not have been blindsided, but she says that Jason isn't telling the truth. His insistence that he did what was best for everyone is greatly exaggerated..he did what was best ONLY for himself. I still feel like there are parts of this story we haven't heard.

I am calling BS on the excuse that Jason *finally* saw Molly's emotional side as she was leaving. He, also, says he handled the situation with "integrity." Sure. Breaking up with a fiancee and crushing someone is real integrity, doncha know?

Now Jason is saying that Molly became his best friend. Didn't we heard this about Jillian, as the reason she was sent home. Molly challenges Jason, according to him. No, Jason, she is an immature 24 year old.

I'm proud of Melissa for not showing up and justifying this spectacularly stupid television "reality" show. Molly and her ten pounds of eye makeup have taken the stage. There's something about her sharp eye teeth that make me dislike her smile. Too bad Shannon ("the tooth nazi") left the show too soon. I missed a lot of last night's After the Final Rose--turning off the tv in disgust will lead to that. Anyway, I just picked up on Jason's line from last night, when he is trying to get Molly to take him back. He said, "I think the most insincere thing that I could do would be to move from one thing to another." UH, HULLO??? Isn't that PRECISELY what he's doing?

This show (The After the Final Rose, II) was only taped this weekend (maybe Friday?) and Chris asks Molly what's been the hardest part and she talks about her morals being called into question, etc. BUT last Friday was well before the finale aired. I am sure everyone on the show has read Reality Steve, but asking the question and making it seem current is pretty underhanded. Even for ABC. And as sad as these rumors have been Molly is so glad to have Jason to lean on. Boo-frickin-hoo!

I think it was in poor taste to put Molly and Jason onstage together. They are *NOT* a Bachelor success story! Chris keeps harping on the fact that Jason and Molly hadn't seen each other until the first "After the Final Rose" ceremony. I will NEVER *ever* believe that.

Big deal that Molly is moving to Seattle. Based on what she knows of Jason's track record, I'd advise to pack light and consider moving into that fabulous tent the crew presented to you. ICK!! The final few minutes of tonight's show basically rubbed Jason and Molly's lovie-dovie twisted relationship.

As for the big announcement that Jillian is the next Bachelorette, eh? As me if I care!! Seriously, I didn't like her from her immediate "hot dog toppings" cry for attention. I did like her howntown date and her extended family was awesome....probably the best of the three he met. In light of her constantly having to explain that she had trouble with her feelings, etc, I'd say this will be about as much fun of watching paint dry!! I feel too hoodwinked to give this show any more of my attention, ratings, or advertising dollars.

I still have ZERO idea as to why Deanna came back (except that from episode one of this season, they showed in in quick succession to the old "crying hysterically over the balcony" Jason. Deanna got about 45 seconds of air time. For *months* she has been plugging her upcoming cameo and DeAnna has mentioned that her appearance will be well worth the wait, in fact, here is what she told People Magazine on January 26th, "It will be worth the wait. The women were not that happy to see me, I can tell you that." http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/01/26/deanna-pappas-on-upcoming-bachelor-appearance-itll-be-worth-the-wait/

Did any of the other women even SEE her? Delusional Deanna! I hope that 45 second walk-on role goes towards you grand total of 15 minutes of fame!!

























0 comments: