Thursday, January 22, 2009

Vicki's blog












Each week, the Housewives publish their self-serving works of re-writing history on their blogs. Vicki's finally showed up today. http://www.bravotv.com/Real_Housewives_Of_Orange_County/season/4/blogs/index.php?blog=vicki_gunvalson&article=2009/01/health_is_wealth

One thing has become overwhelmingly apparent on Vicki's and Jeana's blogs--they, somehow think it's an appropriate place to hawk whatever business they are in and whatever products they think they can sell their "fans." I noticed that as of last night's blogs, Tamra (and Simon) also got in on the act. These creatures aren't very self-aware...Simon wants to use a humiliating episode which spotlighted his tequila to sell...yup, that same tequila. Vicki can't say enough about those damned diet pills and trainer du jour (ditto Jeana) and of course, Vicki's reason to live...her insurance CAREER (it's so not a j-o-b).

Anyway, of her two page lameness, page one was entirely self promotional. Sad. Here is page two.


When Jeana, Lynne, Gretchen and I went to lunch at the Viceroy in Los Angeles, we happened to get on the subject of finances. I have learned to try and stay away from personal discussion of finances amongst a group of women in a social environment, but once we got to talking about it there was no way to stop it. I have NO IDEA why Lynne became so offended at the conversation and I thought she was being extremely RUDE and mean! I have been in the insurance business for over 19 years and currently have approximately 400 agents that work through my company Coto Insurance across the United States. We educate our clients and agents continuously on how to "forward plan" for the "unforeseen" to be sure their family is protected in the event of an illness or death. It was not to be construed as me telling Gretchen to obtain Jeff's money without his knowledge. I was simply trying to point out to her that if Jeff passed away and she was not part of his beneficiary designation plan, she would not be entitled to any of the life insurance proceeds. Due to the fact she was solely dependent on Jeff financially, I wanted her to at least be aware of the consequences if this were to happen. After I saw the episode and watched Lynne flip me off in her interview, it only confirmed to me that she is as clueless as she acts when it comes to financial planning, and she lacks class. My comments to Gretchen were to simply help her through her difficult time and to educate her. It was nothing more than that, and for Lynne to cause an argument about it was very ignorant on her part.


I said I doubted Lynne's business skills because after being with her on several occasions, it just doesn't seem like she has what it takes to run a business. Running a successful business is a 24/7 commitment. When she told me that she designs jewelry cuffs I thought it was more of a hobby than a business. When she was in Fred Segal and talking with the people behind the counter, I knew she was trying to see if they would be interested in displaying her jewelry.



While we were shopping at Fred Segal, we were asked to go to the perfume counter to design our own fragrance. That actually was a very fun thing to do, as I have never done that before. It was difficult picking out the different scents to find the ones that best described my personality, but I did my best. It was harder than you think!



See you next week.



I'll start out by saying I thought Lynne was a poor choice for this show, and aside from her very weak maternal skills with her oldest demon, I mean...daughter, I have come to like Lynne. For one thing, she doesn't take the bullshit that Vicki thinks she's allowed to dish out. Every week, it's all about Vicki wanting others to go slowly so she can "accept" them. Uh, no. Casting told them to show up and you're not the boss of the world so freaking ACCEPT it and move on. This bully has to haze anyone new who dares to appear on the show. It only serves to highlight her neediness and insanity.

Okay, now about the blog....When Jeana, Lynne, Gretchen and I went to lunch at the Viceroy in Los Angeles, we happened to get on the subject of finances. I have learned to try and stay away from personal discussion of finances amongst a group of women in a social environment, but once we got to talking about it there was no way to stop it. I have NO IDEA why Lynne became so offended at the conversation and I thought she was being extremely RUDE and mean!

I didn't see that at all. Lynne wasn't mean...in fact, just the opposite. She seemed stunned by your naked greed. She may be naive, but the only RUDE one at the table was you. You rolled your eyes and cut Lynne off. You'd been rude in the limo on the way to Fred Segal so your behavior in the restaurant was no departure from how you always act when Lynne is around.

After I saw the episode and watched Lynne flip me off in her interview, it only confirmed to me that she is as clueless as she acts when it comes to financial planning, and she lacks class

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hilarious!! If Lynne's honesty meant she lacked class, perhaps you forgot another limo ride, last season, when you jumped all over Jeana for putting Frankie in your rental property and shouted a chorus of fuck yous...sound familiar?

My comments to Gretchen were to simply help her through her difficult time and to educate her. It was nothing more than that, and for Lynne to cause an argument about it was very ignorant on her part.


There was no argument, dear Vicki. Lynne never raised her voice. You simply refuse to allow a differing opinion and I suppose in your warped mind, that denotes an argument. Last I heard of a raised voice was your shrieking, "She's a NUT" about Lynne. So not classy!!

I said I doubted Lynne's business skills because after being with her on several occasions, it just doesn't seem like she has what it takes to run a business. Running a successful business is a 24/7 commitment. When she told me that she designs jewelry cuffs I thought it was more of a hobby than a business. When she was in Fred Segal and talking with the people behind the counter, I knew she was trying to see if they would be interested in displaying her jewelry.

You are soooo jealous that not only does Lynne not need to pretend to be important 24/7 and impress everyone that she is working hard every second of the damned day..no, Lynne actually likes what she does, she involves her daughter and right under your pig nose, she gave her card to Fred Segal and managed to get them as a client. All without an internet connection and obnoxiously clicking away on the keys while others are enjoying a "Girls Day Out."

If you have time, read the comments under Vicki's blog. It seems like she's fooling no one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know why Vicki gets under so many people's skin. She has a problem warming up to people; that is evident. And you can't compare making a few cuffs to the business success Vicki has achieved (if you noticed, one of the girls from Fred seagal made a secret face to the other when they talked about putting her cuffs in the store)

I don't think its nearly comparable. Lynne is a housewife with a hobby and badly behaved kids. Having a husband with cancer if very financially different from having a fiancee with cancer

nycsnob said...

I think Vicki's problem goes beyond an "inability to warm up to" people. The new housewives are the equivalent of co-workers. You don't have to be the best of friends, but Vicki is so bossy and demeaning when anyone's opinion dares to differ from hers. Add that to her endless pit of neediness, love tanks, "Are you proud of me?" etc and she's difficult to watch.

Gretchen asked for advice and Lynne is as qualified as anyone to chime in. She is more like Gretchen in that unlike Vicki and Jeana, Gretchen and Lynne share a lack of owning a company.

That said, I believe Vicki gave sound advice, but she was (as usual) overbearing in her delivery.