Friday, January 16, 2009

How did I get here??

Welcome to my little blog.

I don't how when it happened...seemed not that long ago that I was a grown up, with a job, and time only for watching cable news and reading books and then somewhere along the line, I got sucked in. It started innocently, when I caught a few episodes of a Laguna Beach marathon on MTV one Saturday afternoon. The kids on that show were half my age, but I couldn't look away.

Last spring, I was traveling and hotel tv is notoriously bad. I'd seen every in room movie so after reading emails, I clicked on Amazon to see what I could order on Unbox. There was something called "Real Housewives of New York City." NYC? That's my hometown. Feeling homesick, what else could I do but order it? I watched 8 episodes in one day. My addiction had begun.

Returning back to Manhattan this summer, I moved and now Bravo was on my basic cable line up and I officially became Bravo's bitch. Whatever "reality" show they decided to air took top billing on my DVR. From Sheer Genius to Date my Ex, I watched it all.

Then came the fall and of course, the Real Housewives of Atlanta. I admit to being torn, one Tuesday about watching the Presidential debate instead of NeNe and Kim (I couldn't unleash the DVR fast enough after the debate ended). Now, it's reached a whole new level with the "ladies" of Orange County. Laguna Beach has now turned to The Hills and of course, The City--must see Monday night viewing!

My family and friends do not watch these shows (or if they do, they are as mortified as I am). Reality programming has become my guilty pleasure....to the point that I find myself watching hours of re-run marathons on the weekends for shows I have already watched once, or twice, already. I cannot be the only one!!

0 comments: