Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blame the "Editing Monkeys" at Bravo...AGAIN

Well, if nothing else, Tamra is consistent. All season, she claims to have been misrepresented and spliced and diced. I didn't much believe her then--I sure as hell don't believe her now.

I linked Tamra's blog on one of my posts last night, but I was too tired to take it apart. I had read Andy Cohen's blog earlier in the day and he said he'd heard from Simon who said Tamra was upset with how she was portrayed. Andy, more or less, called bullshit. It's not possible to ADD words to Tamra's mouth or twist her actions at the party.

Since Little Miss Defensive generally posts her blog first among the Housewives, I wasn't surprised this time that it took her until Friday night. It wasn't like ignoring her actions would make them go away....so she's back to her fall back position of blaming the editors.

TAMRA SAYS I was surprised to see the storyline in this episode. Do you really think I would go to all the trouble and expense just to get someone drunk? There was no conspiracy or plot. If I never made that drunken comment, the show would have gone in a completely different direction. No one had a plot to hurt anyone! I made the drunken stupid comment to Vicki and production RAN with the idea to hype the show (which worked because the ratings were through the roof).

I SAY--Huh? It wasn't a "storyline." It was a dinner party run amok. YES, I think you'd go to the trouble of getting someone drunk (whom you despise for being far hotter) and the expense?? That's laughable. I am sure Bravo paid for the vast majority (if not all, since all the Housewives were present) or are we supposed to believe you'd hire Brian Malarkey on your own? It was ONE etiquette class, not a lifetime with a Miracle Worker.

IF YOU NEVER MADE THAT COMMENT TO VICKI? Why didja? Hmmm?

TAMRA SAYS: If you noticed we were pretty much all "wasted" before I made that comment to Vicki, who in returned said, "Gretchen is already wasted." I think Vic and Jeana were the most sober housewives there. I went shot for shot with Gretchen, no one held a gun to our heads.

It was actually one of the best nights we had together -- I think Gretchen is one of the funniest girls I know. My kids are still walking around the house yelling, "TamRRRAAAAAAAAAA." We all knew the footage was going to be wild, but we had no idea about the twist it would take.


MY ANSWER Yes, Vicki said Gretchen was already wasted, but you insisted on NAKED wasted. Then in your post party on camera, you said Gretchen was only showing herself in a positive light and you wanted to reveal her dark side. You gloated, in that same SOBER interview that tequila always brings on bad behavior. Are we now backtracking and saying it was a stupid idea hatched in a drunken moment? You might wanna take back the Oscar you thought Gretchen deserved in the restaurant and return it to yourself, if you think you could convince anyone of this BS on your blog.


Your kids are still walking around and saying, "TamRRRAAAAA?" Awesome that you try to use being shitfaced as an excuse for your judgment, yet your kids were present for this debauchery? Classy.

TAMRA SAYS: I knew Ryan and Gretchen were talking, but that was all I knew. Gretchen is a cute girl and Ryan had never met her before, he had no idea she had a boyfriend. As for Ryan's behavior, he did nothing wrong! If you watch the footage, his hands were to himself and most of the night he was rolling his eyes at us. At one point he had to catch Gretchen from falling at the bar. When things did get out of hand, Simon pulled Ryan aside and explained the situation. Ryan is a 23-year-old single boy and acted like any boy would if a pretty girl was flirting with them.


My REPLY: What?? You knew they were "talking?" No. You were hanging on Ryan's other arm, lamenting that he told you Gretchen was HOTTER. When people just "talk" to your son, do you issue the warning that he's a "man whore?" Is that why, in your sober next day interview, you looked surprised that the two of them just "disappeared?"

You say, when "things got out of hand," Simon pulled Ryan aside. Jesus, was that before creepy son went with one of your guests into the bathroom? You want to pin this on Gretch flirting with Ryan, but distance yourself for "pretending" he was there to bartend and all he did was fetch shots for her at your behest, Mommy Dearest. You are psycho.

TAMRA SAYS At the end of the night, Simon made sure everyone took cabs home (including Ryan). Gretchen was so drunk that we were afraid she was going to pass out in the back of the cab and who knows what would had happened, so she decided to stay at our house. Simon sat up with her for a while and made her something to eat. They talked about Jeff and what he was going through. Simon's mother had cancer 3 times and he was with her through the process.

All the while I was in the bathroom hugging the toilet. I felt really bad about the comment I made when I saw the footage and knew at that time I SHOULD NOT DRINK. One thing I learned from this week's episode is that alcohol does not mix well with my Indian blood and therefore I should stop drinking. No excuses.


From me: Well, I hope next week's episode is as dull as you make it sound! Based on last week's blog when you wrote that SIMON was mad at GRETCHEN, he must be quick to forgive and stay up to fix her a snack. IF TRUE, he may be the only one in your house with a conscience....?

According to what you are writing--this party was in August and it took you SEEING the footage, five months later, to realize you shouldn't be drinking? Did the OC have power failure when your antics of Lake Havasu aired several weeks back? That was not pretty...and so it just now dawns on you, at 41, that maybe there's a problem. Well, WOO HOO!


And what is this unadulterated crap about being INDIAN? Sure, blame your ancestry. maybe you can change your name from Tamra to TONTO and we'll accept that Indian blood!!

Finally, TAMRA finishes with this diddy: Everyone is responsible for his or her own actions, drunk or not. I know that people are very opinionated about this week's episode and I understand why from the footage. But truth be told, the girls and I are a family. We might be dysfunctional, but in the end we are on this crazy ride together.

Absolutely. Everyone *is* responsible for her own actions--and that means stepping out from behind the editors you malign. Brian Malarkey, the chef, was there and sober and his account is no different from what we saw. Your immediate family is quite dysfunctional so don't drag the other Housewives into your idea of a "crazy ride." I hope it's not set in stone that you're all in this ride together because I think both you and Vicki are a bit long-in-the-tooth for this schtick. You are too vain to willingly leave the cameras, but nothing would make me happier than for this show to go in a totally different direction and for you and Vickster to be put out to pasture or plantation or wherever it is that people who claim to be Indian go to hide when they have over exposed themselves and their innocent children on tv. Sheesh!

0 comments: