Thursday, January 29, 2009

Vicki Gunlavson interview on MSN


http://tv.msn.com/vicki-gunvalson-interview/?gt1=28130

I ran into this article online and it's a pretty interesting follow up to what has to have been a rough season for Vicki on The Real Housewives of OC. She addresses her marital problems, her dislike of Gretchen and Lynne and basically tries to "set the record straight."

Some interesting quotes:

I want to give you the opportunity to set the record straight then. Go ahead and address the many misperceptions that viewers may have of you.

Much of the misperception is that I'm not compassionate or I'm not soft-hearted. I cry and I pray every day, and I do all of the things that make me whole. That's not portrayed out there because maybe I didn't expose it to the cameras. I am sensitive. I'm probably one of the most misunderstood people on TV. People just don't understand me yet, and they're never going to from only getting seven minutes of me a week. That's the hard part. They don't show me going to church every week. They don't show me praying and reading my Bible every night. That's personal. They don't show me crying with my kids, saying, "Am I doing a good job as a mother?" and their saying, "Absolutely, Mom." They don't show all of that.



Totally believable that she asks her kids if she's a good mom. It's right up there with "Wouldn't you slit your wrists if something happened to me?" and "Are you proud of me?"

Viewers will want to know how things are going with you and your husband, Donn.

Amazing. We just got back from Puerto Vallarta. We went into a tough season -- and all marriages have a season -- and I don't think the show has been good for our marriage. But we actually sat down about a month ago and I said, "I really hurt Donn's feelings." I sent him flowers and cards, and told him how sorry I was and how I didn't want to lose him as a husband. I love him. He accepted my apology and said that he hadn't been the perfect husband either and maybe he wasn't "filling the love tank." But he said, "I love you more than anything and don't want to divorce you. I don't want you to divorce me. I want to live forever with you." We made a conscious decision to be better toward each other. And it's been amazing.


I am genuinely glad to read this because Vicki's treatment of Donn has been difficult to watch. I hope she was able to redeem her nonsense about "love tanks" and wanting to be single.

Also, we want to know: Are you friends with these ladies in real life? Or is that something that happens in front of the camera?

I'm not friends with Gretchen and Lynne. I just met them this year. I don't know them at all. I don't even have their phone numbers. In hindsight, I wish we would have been mixed with our friends; it would have been a lot easier. Tammy Knickerbocker was friends with Jeanna. And I was friends with Tammy, so we all blended a little easier. There was no catfighting and negativity. And now we bring in all these people that we don't know, and it's hard! It's really hard. So, no, we're not friends. I'm friends with Jeanna and Tamra, and that's it. The other two, I have no desire to spend any time with. I only have 24 hours in a day, and I'm going to spend it with people I like.


"The other two?" I don't love all my coworkers either, but this quote just about says it all. In other words, when the producers appease Vicki and choose only the few people she chooses to befriend, there is no catfighting or negativity? I guess she's playing into their hands because the ratings are way up this season--due to the catfighting and negativity.

Read the article and the 200 comments that follow. Poor "misunderstood" Vicki...
http://tv.msn.com/vicki-gunvalson-interview/?gt1=28130

0 comments: