Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pot Calling the Kettle Black (Why I can't stand Bethenny Frankel)



The cartoon is just a little kitchen humor directed at Real Housewives of NYC's Bethenny Frankel. I DVR'd tonight's episode, which was good because the past few weeks have been boring and predictable so I just semi-watched while they aired and didn't bother with a re-cap. The truth is--I can't stand Bethenny Frankel and it actually has LITTLE to do with her incredibly annoying voice!!

Tonight, I rewound several parts just to make sure I could accurately quote Miss Bethenny. I was stunned at her hypocrisy so here are the quotes I had trouble with (both are directed squarely at fellow castmember, Kelly Killoren Bensimon):

43 minutes in, she looks directly at the camera and says, "Her reputation is someone who is really, really trying desperately to be famous."

The next gem, attributed to some "unknown people" who have been talking to Bethenny happened 47 minutes into the episode, and again, was announced straight into the camera so there's zero chance of bad editing or misquoting/splicing, "People have said to me that she's extremely enamored with celebrities and it's very important to her to be associating with influencers and celebrities and, and, and, people like that. I know celebrities, too. It's my work. It's not my goal."

Now please, in the name of IRONY, please tell me these words weren't declared by Bethenny Frankel of not ONE, but TWO reality tv shows. Yes, the celebrity-seeking contestant of Martha Stewart's Apprentice and The Real Housewives non-housewife.

Go back in time to 1994 and check out Bethenny in "Hollywood Hills 90028" or given its reviews...don't. Here's the synopsis on www.imdb.com It's not pretty http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369540/

From there, you only have to read Bethenny's blog this week to learn more of her "celebrity" connections..."I produced large-scale events such as the Grammys, Emmys, movie premieres, and more... in my past life.

This not-so-kind assessment of Bethenny comes from the OC Register, which does a great job of covering their own OC Housewives "The reality TV world surprises us sometimes with all of the interconnections. We saw a great example of that this week on “Dancing With the Stars.”

And we’re not talking about Bethany Frankel of “The Real Housewives of New York” (and Martha Stewart’s version of “The Apprentice”), who was sitting in the audience Monday and practically waving into the camera every time it pointed her way."
http://pedrowatcher.freedomblogging.com/2009/03/20/reality-tv-its-a-small-world-after-all/4569/
Yes, Bethenny of blogging on *any* show on Bravo and now expanding that to blogging on Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bethenny-frankel/the-business-of-reality-t_b_172147.html In Bethenny's own words, "Well, it is true. I am now a reality star.

I always say it is about the journey not the destination and this is part of my journey.

In my years of acting, TV production, then movie production, then event production and ultimately pashmina importing, I never knew that I would become a chef to the stars and more famous for my role in The Real Housewives of New York City.

I always say, "Don't hate the player, hate the game."


When it comes from a woman who apparently has chased (and found) stardom of sorts, touts herself as a CELEBRITY chef, writes a book, incorporates how she can help Oprah with her weight loss book on nearly every interview, blogs anywhere there is an audience, tells reporters that she used to babysit Paris Hilton, and finally, is so in love with her own reflection in the backdrop of "Dancing with the Stars," where does Bethenny get off criticizing *ANYONE* of being "really, really desperate to get famous," when in fact, she is the complete embodiment of that accusation? It's a kind revision of history when Bethenny claims that she "knows celebrities because it's her work and not her goal." Precisely what "work" was involved with "Dancing with the Stars?"

Unlike Bethenny, I don't hate the player nor the game. It just seems like a pile of hypocrisy for her to accuse Kelly Bensimon of doing something she has actively done since 1994.

Dear Bethenny--you'd better check yourself before you wreck yourself. (I know that's one of your favorite lines to repeat, ad nauseum, but I couldn't resist)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could not agree with you more!

Anonymous said...

http://www.observer.com/2009/o2/real-housewife-bethenny-frankel-was-paris-and-nicky-hiltons-babysitter

But she id not a name dropper or celeb collector.

bethenny's titties said...

To the "Anon" 12:34--I know that's tongue in cheek because no one name-drops more than pathetic Bethenny! She's been TAWKING about babysiting the Hiltons for abou three Halloween parties!

I guess it gets the heat off her, when she is on ANOTHER reality show and they ask about her foray into films, which starts (and ends)with a slasher film where she first bares her nasty boob job.

2- years later...CRICKETS! Same nasty tit job and no fame. Poor, sad, dateless (and yes, HOMELY) Bethenny!

Watch Mad Men Online said...

I am a huge fan of tv shows.and if u are finding a nice link to watch shows online then u can try this link.It is a wonderful site link.Just four week ago i have watched er Episodes from here.